Sunday, November 28, 2010

Two

Well, this blog is two years old today. Two years ago I had taken the semester off school, we were renovating our apartment like mad people and just beginning to discover some of the spots around Edmonton that we now love and return to regularly.

This has been an incredibly fun project and looking back, I understand my friend's Mom's comment - "How do you two not weigh a ton?" All I can say to that is that we didn't choose the name 'Loosen Your Belt' for nothing. But seriously, these entries contain a whole bunch of memories that I'm glad to have documented through food.

Can't wait to see where we're at in another two years. Cheers, and thanks for reading!

BTW, has anyone perused the 'Return of the Magic' displays on Whyte? I'm doing a presentation on them for school this week - 'The Shop Window as an Image'. The display at Coney Island Candy (10345 82 Avenue) is by far my favourite, closely followed by The Nutcracker display at Gordon Price Music, which is Charles' favourite (10828 82 Avenue).


Jar out...

Into the filler...

And full! I stood staring at this for a good ten minutes... thankfully it was a warm day.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy birthday to your blog! Keep it up - I always love that you're on top of the eateries in the Old Strathcona area :).

Thanks also for the reminder to check out the Return of the Magic displays - hope to see them before it is cold again!

Marianne said...

Thanks, Sharon! Hope you get a warm day for the walk!

Leslie Holmes said...

congrats on two years of blogging! thanks fantastic!

Marianne said...

Thanks, Leslie!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Marianne. I'm happy to have met you both, and love reading your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Marianne, have enjoyed the informative entries/posts.