Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pizza + Tosca

As I mentioned in the latest Meal Planning Saga post, this week has been disastrous plan wise. But on Tuesday evening we had to pull things together. For Christmas we had invited Charles' mom to come for dinner and to the final opera of the season - Tosca.

Charles managed to pull Peter Reinhart's pizza dough together on Monday evening and grabbed some topping on his way home from work Tuesday. Maybe I've forgotten other pizzas, but right now I'm going to venture out there and say that this version had the most glorious topping combo ever - tomato sauce, mushrooms, marinated artichoke hearts, ricotta cheese and plenty of black pepper. Thankfully I have a few jars of artichokes in the pantry - this one will make its way around again soon.


We certainly enjoyed each opera of our first ever season, but of course we each had our favourites. While Charles went for the humorous Abduction from the Seraglio, I was all about Tosca - dramatic, emotional and completely capable of transporting me out of paper writing mode for a few hours. As the Journal mentioned, the costumes were beautiful, as was the set, and Yannick-Muriel Noah brought the house down. The Edmonton Opera has already released their 2011/2012 season, and we can't wait to head out.

3 comments:

Isabelle said...

I absolutely adored Tosca as well - the final scene especially. So dramatic! It really swept me away.

Marianne said...

Totally with you! And loved the bagel piece this morning, btw!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I’m passing on the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award your way!
http://leahhg.wordpress.com/2011/04/18/the-irresistibly-sweet-blog-award/