Friday, October 1, 2010

Restaurant l'Échaudé - Part 2

Since our final visit to l'Échaudé was a month ago, I will simply say that our Friday lunch on the patio there was quite lovely. A warm afternoon, great food, people watching and friendly service. Plus, more chocolate dessert.


Rosé and sparkling wines were chilled and ready for enjoyment over lunch

The cold soup: a refreshing raspberry-beetroot

Charles' Steak frites

 My Brandade de Morue with shrimp and smoked scallops

Dessert: a rich, dense chocolate-pistachio ice cream sandwich

We still had some time before leaving for the airport, so we walked around Vieux-Port for a bit, eventually bumping into the rooftop of the Mussée de la Civilisation and a representation of the Laurentian Forest during the winter. I wish we would have discovered the rooftop sooner - incredibly quiet and peaceful amidst the bustling streets below.




So a beautiful final half-day in Québec City. Needless to say, we can't wait to return.

73, rue Sault-au-Matelot
Vieux-Port, Québec
418.692.1299
Lunch from 11:30 and dinner from 5:30 daily; late night menu after 10pm; Brunch on the weekend from 10:30

You can find the post with details of our dinner visit to l'Échaudé here.

2 comments:

A Canadian Foodie said...

All I can say to you, Miss Marianne, is that you are LIVING THE LIFE! My gosh! If I had 1/4 of the travel experiences you have at your age, I can't even imagine where I would be at now. I never got to Europe until I was 40, and it changed my life. I know if I was well travelled before I got married - I probably would have continued to travel and married much later in life. Who knows what continent I would be on. Love your reviews. YUM!
:)
Lovely meeting the infamous Charles, Saturday, finally.
Valerie

Marianne said...

I am a very lucky lady. I know.

It's funny that you say that though about traveling. I'm taking a class re. places right now, and everyone has been out of Canada, lived in France, Italy, Germany, Taiwan, Japan, Beijing, etc., etc. and is sharing their experiences and how they have changed their lives. I like the places I've visited - I can reflect on Canada a bit, but in comparison, my travel experiences seem few and far between. It seems like a pre-requisite now that you visit Europe in your early 20s.

Charles and I are going to take a little "Grand Tour" when I finish school this coming summer, and I'm sure Europe will change my life. And his - he hasn't been either! We are pretty flexible, so maybe we will end up on a different continent, who knows!

He was glad to have met you too! And I'm definitely glad we ran in to you. Hope you and your family had an excellent Thanksgiving! Cheers, Marianne