Monday, January 12, 2009

HUB Mall eats: Motherly's Bakery

I was on my way to meet a friend for lunch today in HUB, and decided to stop for a Tuna salad sandwich at Motherly's (towards the south end of the mall). To my knowledge there are only three other outlets (in HUB Mall) where I can acquire a tuna fish sandwich: Subway (not happening), Java Jive (not quite enough fixings and too salty) and The Lunch Box (similar to Java Jive's option).

Of all the choices, I quite enjoy Motherly's sandwiches: there is a simple choice of homemade white or brown bread, your choice of veggies (just plenty of lettuce and onion for me) and a pickle on the side. All this mid-day loveliness puts you back about $6.50 or so, but it's well worth it.

More on Campus eats to follow soon...

2 comments:

Court said...

I used to love that place when I was in school. I would get danishes when I wanted to treat myself (and help with the freshman 15), and their sandwiches are nice and fresh and piled with spouts!

Marianne said...

Their danishes really are great. And they have those giant chocolate chip cookies too... they added to my 15 as well.