Monday, April 7, 2014

Lunch - Café Bicyclette

It took me an embarrassingly long time to get to Café Bicyclette. I stopped by for a quick lunch with a co-worker just last month, and enjoyed a smoked meat sandwich and tea before heading out.

Last week a friend and I decided to meet up for lunch, and I suggested this spot... And not just because I wanted to eat there again. They have parking right out front/beside the building, and the restaurant features lots of banquette seating, two things I've recently learned are handy when travelling with a two month old.


When we arrived just after noon, they had clearly hit their lunch rush. Thankfully though, there were lots of take-out orders, which meant we had our pick of tables. We joined the line - which moved at an impressive pace - selecting Niçoise (~$10) and orzo salads (~$12), and sat down at our table with our number.


Marie's salad - the Niçoise - came out quickly, and my warm salad followed 10 or so minutes later (we did pay separately). The piece of salmon that came with my pasta salad was cooked and seasoned perfectly, and went well with the simple mix of orzo, red pepper, onion and cucumber. There were very good reports from Marie about the Niçoise salad as well.

Apparently the dinner menu at Café Bicyclette is wonderful, and I can't wait to check it out. I have big plans for patio season this summer. Until then, I'm happy to stop by during the day for wonderful light lunches.

Marie's adorable little girl... And me.

And a little Duchamp.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for sharing this gem! I am a frenchy in Edmonton and had no clue about La Cite Francophone... very excited to try this cafe!

Unknown said...

Of course! I hope you enjoy!