Monday, March 1, 2010

I am a goats' milk yoghurt convert

I am not very adventurous when it comes to yoghurt - it's vanilla or 'natural' with a bit of granola on top and that is that. I've walked by Fairwinds Farm's goats' milk yoghurt a bunch of times, taking it into consideration, but never bringing it home. Yesterday, finally deciding to take the plunge, I picked up a container of Saskatoon.



The tanginess is amazing, and the Saskatoons give it a nice sweet-tart kick... exactly what I need to start my morning.

4 comments:

Isabelle said...

I love Fairwinds Farm yogurt too! I have never tried the Saskatoon kind ... I usually go with plain. It's delicious.

A Canadian Foodie said...

I love Fairwinds everything. Have you ever tried making your own yogurt? It is so, so easy, so delicious, and just personally gratifying - for me, anyway!
I made goat's milk yogurt, too... bought the Fairwinds farm goat's milk from Planet O - and it was outrageously good... but what was better, is that I hung it, and made goat's milk yogurt cheese. It was almost like chevre... incredibly delicious!

Marianne said...

That sounds so good! I always think about making yogurt and cheese myself, and I'm not sure why I haven't... I think I will make it a summer project. Thanks, Valerie!

The plain would be good too... super tangy... I think I might grab that one next time. Thanks, Isabelle!

Unknown said...

Where did you find this?!